The Connect Vets Skills Center is currently going through a soft open and we appreciate your patience and understanding while we navigate today's environment.
But we want to help and don't want a Veteran to struggle even more so we are taking appointments and bookings to use the shop and tools right now.
Tools we available to use:
- Tire changing and balancing machines
- Air Compressor with Pneumatic tools (wrenches, hammers, ratchets, cut-off wheels, sanders, etc.)
- Transmission and normal jacks with stands
- Normal shop tools including pullers, large sockets (over 1"), wrenches, hammers, screwdrivers, etc.
- If we don't have it we might purchase it so other Veterans don't have to.
So far we are doing tire change-overs, part replacements (motor mounts, batteries, alternators, etc.), light fabrication, oil changes, and other routine maintenance. Below are some recent pictures of Veterans helping Veterans.
- Sat, May 08Sub Zero Fab ShopMay 08, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PMSub Zero Fab Shop, 6300 N Bains Jordan Dr, Palmer, AK 99645, USAIntroductory metal fabrication and safety course. Hosted and taught by Sub Zero Fabrication. Learn how to use fabrication tools safely and as a vocation. Material and tools provided. Free to Veterans. We will have projects but bring ideas. Space is limited so RSVP soon!
- Time TBDLocation TBDTime TBDLocation TBDDo you have a mobile device? A data network, modem, or wireless network at home? Come learn about them from some subject matter experts. This course will focus on individual information security with topics such as password managers, online personas, mobile apps, and network security devices.